Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Review of the year from Miss Bates

What can I say?! What a brilliant year! I can honestly say that I have absolutely loved teaching you this year! You are all so energetic, happy and have a real love of learning. Each one of you is different and you all bring your own individual characters to the year group to make it a very special place to be! We have very high expectations of Year 6, yet from the very first couple of weeks with the House Captain presentations, right up to SATs preparation this term, you have surpassed them all!

For me, Hatred and Hope is definitely one of the highlights as I loved how the year group performed together and supported each other. Straight away I knew it was going to be very special; I loved how every single one of you got up to audition… even those of you who don’t particularly like being in the spot light! Plus I was so proud of how you all acted every second you were on the stage – everyone really went for it! I will always think of you when I hear ‘War’! You really did us proud!

Dibba, of course, is another favourite memory. I always love camp and this year was no exception! I was very impressed with the way everyone had a go at each of the activities.  The talent show was, for once, brilliant and very entertaining with everyone joining in and cheering each other! I think the Dhow cruise will be etched on my memory for ever more; I’ve never seen so many children looking so noticeably green! It definitely was an adventure!

We have also just done our amazing production - Spirit of the Circus. I can honestly say you were all brilliant on the stage; you surpassed all my expectations and together you made it an incredibly memorable production. Well done!!!

To be honest, I could go on and on and on about each highlight of the year – as believe me, there are many! But really it is the overall attitude of you all that will stay with me. You are so enthusiastic in everything – even SATs!!!  Make sure you never lose this love of learning!

       
I know you will all go on to love secondary school and I hope that wherever you go in the future, you take a little bit of Kings’ with you. Remember us…we will certainly remember you! Enjoy your next adventure Year 6, and make sure you always have fun and love everything you do!

Before I go I also want to say a massive thank-you to Mr Watson. I have absolutely LOVED working with him for the past two years - they have definitely been the best two years of my teaching career. We have had so much fun and lots and lots of laughs! Mr Watson - you are a brilliant teacher and I will miss you so much next year!

Lots of love from Miss Bates

No comments: