Sunday, June 26, 2011

Mr Watson's Review of the Year!


Mr Watson’s review of Year 6JW & 6LBa Sept 2010 – June 2011

Well I can’t believe it – another incredible year. I had such a special time in Year 6 last year and thought that it would be impossible to enjoy this as much. How wrong was I? I have had an amazing year with a truly terrific bunch of children.

We have done so many great themes and superb work, but for me the thing that makes this year group so very special is the people. Each of you have  contributed massively towards making this year group a very special one. Year 6, you are a brilliant! So much talent, so much enthusiasm and so much energy. A joy to work with!

It is a great privilege for me personally to be in this year group again – having taught some of you in Year1 too (2005-2006). How you have grown! An opportunity to work with Mrs. H and Miss Bates again was wonderful.

On a personal level I have shared the most amazing journey of my personal life with this incredible year group, as Debbie (Mrs. Watson) and I welcomed Layla and Jessica, our gorgeous little girls into the world – your interest warmth, support and kindness will never be forgotten. 

There have been so many enjoyable moments, but for me nothing surpasses the amazing team effort, enthusiasm and performance in our WW2 play ‘Hatred & Hope’. Miss Bates and I challenged both ourselves and you with this adventurous and moving play. What an amazing job you all did. I will always be very proud of that performance! Everyone worked hard and pushed themselves. I’ve never had so much wonderful feedback on a performance – you were all STARS!

You then all continued this with a superb effort and performance in the Spirit of The circus –y6 on stage for the majority of the 2 hour show. Lots to learn. A great Job!

I loved our Absolute Adventure in Oman, was blown away with your maturity and interest when we watched ‘The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas’. I adored your amazing animal art work and the superb photo stories projects you produced. You created amazing Diary entries writing for Touching the Void, and made me fall in love with the world of Pandora with your incredible descriptive writing. These are just some of the highlights that spring to mind, but there are so many!

I am delighted with academic progress you have all made this year and your SATS performances fully reflect your efforts and abilities. But it is your overall personalities that make me even more proud – each of them you have found and developed skills, talents and confidences. I am very proud of you all!


2 special people need a mention too. Mrs H – s star her general all round support is so appreciated. A true Freidn and great character to have around – supporting us all!  Like a good producer for films, you don’t notice how good things are because it just happens and seems right. The things that make the difference. That’s what Mrs H does.
Miss Bates too . I was so pleased to have the opportunity to work with her again this year - simply a pleasure to work with. Quite simply, The best partner teacher I’ve ever had.  Thanks for the support  energy, enthusiasm and laughs – I’ ve had  a blast!

It has been a great year and it will be an emotional end of term – for children, parents and staff alike. This is also my last year at Kings’ Dubai, after 7 wonderful years, so will be even more memorable for me as we all make the next step….the next chapter awaits! Sad but exciting times.

I am confident that each and every one of you will be a success at your  school of choice and beyond. Words can not fully say what I think about you brilliant young people. Keep in touch and GOOD LUCK!

Love and Best Wishes
Mr Jon Watson

1 comment:

claudia said...

whats your email?